The FARC plan a new attack on the south Colombian town San Vicente del Caguan where police were able to counter a guerrilla attack earlier this month, the army said Monday.
In an interview with Noticias Uno, General Juan Carlos Salazar of the army’s 6th Division said that inhabitants of nearby villages have been warned by guerrillas not to stay in the town.
The Commander of the rebels’ Teofilo Forero Column, alias “El Paisa,” has “ordered different guerrilla fronts to start planning a new attack on San Vicente del Caguan,” said Salazar.
According to the army commander, the FARC told residents of the region that the attack can take place “at any time.”
The army is sending reinforcements to the town to counter a possible guerrilla attack.