Colombians Rigoberto Uran and Nairo Quintana are respectively the eighth and eleventh best speed cyclist in the world, according to the latest UCI classification.
The Spaniard, Alejandro Valverde, became the new leader of the UCI World ranking with 932 points. In the country section, sorting is done by adding the points of the top five, Spain march outstanding leader with 1721 points.
His compatriot Alberto Contador, rises to second place, and Colombian Rigoberto Uran ended up in eighth place with 209 points, whereas Colombian Nairo Quintana ended up in eleventh place, with 20 points less than Uran.
Spain is dominating the national rankings, ahead of Australia and Colombia, and the Etixx-Quick Step team with 861 points, followed by Katusha (844) Sky (758), and Movistar (743).
UCI individual classification after Giro
- Alejandro Valverde (ESP-Movistar) 338
- Alberto Contador (ESP-Tinkoff-Saxo) 307
- Richie Porte (AUS-Sky) 304
- Alexander Kristoff (NOR-Katusha) 237
- John Degenkolb (GER-Giant-Alpecin) 232
- Joaquim Rodríguez (ESP-Katusha) 230
- Fabio Aru (ITA-Astana) 212
- Rigoberto Urán (COL-Etixx-Quick Step) 209
- Rui Costa (POR-Lampre-Merida) 196
- Michal Kwiatkowski (POL-Etixx-Q.Step 195
- Nairo Quintana (COL-Movistar) 189