Brazil and Red Cross to take part in FARC hostage release

by | Dec 24, 2010

Colombia news - hostages

The Brazilian government and the Red Cross agree to provide logistics to allow the release of five hostages held by the FARC, the Colombian government said Thursday.

In a press release, Bogota said “the government of Brazil has accepted to cooperate in the efforts necessary for the release of five hostages, recently announced by the FARC.”

Also the Red Cross has committed to be part of the hostage release operation, said the press release.

The government reiterated that it is waiting for information of the FARC regarding the time and place of the hostage release.

The FARC announced to release three members of the security forces and two local politicians earlier this month.

PODCAST

Popular