The three directors of the Nule Group arrived Monday in Bogota, marking their apparent cooperation with the Colombian justice system.
Guido, Manuel and Miguel Nule came from their home in Miami in response to a summons last week from Prosecutor General Viviane Morales to appear at the Criminal Court in Bogota on April 5.
The cousins were placed in the hands of Supreme Court of Justice Judge German Pabon, the man in charge of the investigation, reported newspaper El Espectador.
Morales said that the three men cooperated with the case prosecutor by turning in new evidence that could be used as the case progresses.
“Yes, they’re going to present new evidence. The Nule brothers have showed a willingness to collaborate in everything and in the clarification of the truth in regards to the awarding of the contract and that I believe is important,” said Morales, according to RCN Radio.
Defending lawyer Andres Garzon also said that his clients are collaborating fully with the authorities, and for this reason have agreed to present themselves before the Colombian justice system.
The Prosecutor General ordered the three to appear this coming Tuesday, after formally charging them on March 28 for their role in the fraudulent awarding of public works contracts in Bogota. Morales said that she would request that Interpol issue a “red notice,” the closest thing to an international arrest warrant, if the men failed to appear.
The directors of the construction conglomerate are charged with embezzlement by appropriation, fraud, misrepresentation, bribery and conspiracy in the corruption scandal, in which a number of Bogota politicians have also been incriminated.
The cousins will stay the night in accomodations belonging to the Office of the Prosecutor General, for security reasons.