Medellin’s 15th International Jazz and World Music Festival will showcase the best in Colombian and global jazz, including the beloved Cuban salsa band Buena Vista Social Club, from Friday, September 2 to Saturday, September 10.
The first weekend’s performances at Teatro Universidad de Medellin will be free. Buy tickets for the remaining concerts at Centro Internacional de Eventos El Tesoro at Tickets Express.
Highlights include an evening with Eddie Palmieri, a nine-time Grammy Award winning Puerto Rican pianist, and his band La Perfecta II, and a free performance from legendary American vocalist Deborah J Carter.
But really, don’t miss Buena Vista Social Club.
Friday, September 2: 8:00PM at Teatro Universidad de Medellin (free)
- Fruko Sinfonico (classic salsa orchestra; Colombia)
- Andres Ortiz Trio (smooth Latin jazz; Colombia, Switzerland; Italy)
Saturday, September 3: 8:00PM at Teatro Universidad de Medellin (free)
- Deborah J Carter (jazz vocalist; United States)
- Triaje (fusion jazz; Medellin, Colombia)
Wednesday, September 7: 8:00PM at Centro Internacional de Eventos El Tesoro
- Siguarajazz (Latin jazz; Medellin, Colombia)
Guests: Giovanni Hidalgo, Horacio “El Negro” Hernandez, Samuel Torres
- Los Reyes del Ritmo (rumba flamenco; United States)
Thursday, September 8: 9:00PM at Centro Internacional de Eventos El Tesoro
- Diego El Cigala-Cigala y Tango (tango flamenco; Spain)
Friday, September 9: 9:00PM at Centro Internacional de Eventos El Tesoro
- Eddie Palmieri and La Perfecta II (salsa jazz; Puerto Rico and United States)
Saturday, September 10: 9:00PM at Centro Internacional de Eventos El Tesoro
- Buena Vista Social Club (salsa; Cuba)
For more information, visit the official event site.