Colombia’s Ministry of Defense announced Tuesday the confirmation of national military and police chiefs, who are all to remain the same, according to official press statements.
The leaders of the national police and military were sworn in by President Santos and Defense Minister Pinzon Tuesday, all of them retaining their positions from the previous administration.
General Juan Pablo Rodriguez Barragan, appointed in February 2014, will continue as commander of the Armed Forces, according to Semana magazine.
General Jaime Alfonso Lasprill, also appointed in February 2014, will remain as commander in chief of the Army, according to El Universal.
Admiral Hernando Wills Veles will keep his August 2013 appointment as commander of the Navy, according to the Colombian Navy’s website.
General Guillermo Leon will continue as commander of the Air Force, a position he has held since August 2013, according to La Fm.
Finally, General Rodolfo Palomino was confirmed once more as director of the National Police. He was originally appointed in August 2013, according to La Fm.
— Mindefensa Colombia (@mindefensa) August 19, 2014
- Ministry of Defense’s twitter account (Twitter)
- Almirante Hernándo Wills Vélez (The Navy’s website)
- El inesperado ascenso del general Rodríguez (Semana)
- Guillermo León, nuevo Comandante de la Fuerza Aérea Colombiana (La Fm)
- Rodolfo Palomino, nuevo Director de la Policía Nacional (La Fm)
- General Jaime Lasprilla, nuevo comandante del Ejército Nacional (El Universal)