The Colombian national team manager Hernan Dario Gomez has announced the final list of 22 players who will compete in the upcoming Copa America in Argentina, El Espectador reported Monday.
The national team begin their preparations on June 12 before two warm-up friendly matches against Mexico and Senegal on June 22 and 25, to be held in Perreira and Medellin respectively.
Colombia’s Copa America group consists of Bolivia, hosts and group favorites Argentina, and this year’s invitees Costa Rica, against whom Colombia will kick off their campaign on July 2.
It is a group that Colombia will feel they ought to progress from given the significant number of established European-based players in their squad.
Here is the full list of Colombia’s Copa America 2011 squad and their current clubs:
- David Ospina – Nice (France)
- Luis Martinez – Once Caldas (Colombia)
- Mario Yepes – Milan (Italy)
- Aquivaldo Mosquera – America (Mexico)
- Luis Perea – Atletico Madrid (Spain)
- Cristian Zapata – Udinese (Italy)
- Pablo Armero – Udinese (Italy)
Zuñiga – Napoli (Italy)
- Yulian Anchico – Pachuca (Mexico)
- Juan David Valencia – Junior (Colombia)
- Juan Guillermo Cuadrado – Udinese (Italy)
- Elkin Soto – Mainz (Germany)
- Abel Aguilar – Hercules (Spain)
- Fredy Guarin – Porto (Portugal)
- Carlos Sanchez – Valenciennes (France)
- Gustavo Bolivar – Tolima (Colombia)
- Hugo Rodallega – Wigan (England)
- Adrian Ramos – Hertha Berlin (Germany)
- Teofilo Gutierrez – Racing (Argentina)
- Radamel Falcao – Porto (Portugal)
- Martinez Jackson – Jaguares (Mexico)
- Dayro Moreno – Once Caldas (Colombia)