Colombia’s prosecutor general announced Wednesday that analysis of the confiscated computers and USBs of slain FARC commander “Alfonso Cano”, will begin next week.
More than 60 terabytes of information stored on the devices, which were discovered in the trench where “Cano” was killed by the Colombian Army earlier this month, are currently being analyzed by a team of specialist researchers, Prosecutor General Viviane Morales told Caracol Radio.
As of next week, the extracted information will undergo investigation by the Police and the Prosecutor General’s technical investigation team.
The prosecutor general said she was confident that the amount of information on the computers will lead to criminal prosecutions.
Morales confirmed that the chain of custody of the evidence and all investigatory procedures had been adhered to “perfectly” unlike in the case of “Raul Reyes,” a FARC commander killed in 2008. His computers were denied as evidence by the Supreme Court because the chain of custody had not been properly maintained.