Colombia’s Ministry of Defense has announced that 1,374 combatants of illegally armed groups have either been killed, captured, or voluntarily demobilized during the first eight months of 2014.
According to statistics provided by the Ministry of Defense;
- 687 combatants have been neutralized
- 640 combatants captured
- 47 combatants have voluntarily demobilized
The Ministry of Defense also relayed that they the anti-kidnapping unit of the army managed to save two people kidnapped by the FARC, Colombia’s largest rebel movement, and deliver them safely to their families.
Other statistics provided include the capture of:
- 76 guns
- 3,161 munitions
- 147 grenades
- 21 radios
- 116 bombs amounting to 471 kilos of explosive
- 1 ton of hallucinogens destroyed
- 1.374 terroristas por fuera de combate en 2014 (Ministry or Defense)