Three Colombians are now confirmed to carry the AH1N1 virus, Social
Welfare Minister Diego Palacio said Sunday. The two newly confirmed
cases are Colombians that had been to the United States.
The first man that was confirmed to have AH1N1 was said to have overcome the illness and is no longer a threat to contaminate others, media reported Saturday.
The two new patients are treated at home and are doing well, the Minister said. he would not say where these patients are at the moment, but stressed that local health authorities are notified.
The minister says to not be surprised by the new cases and to expect more. “We have to be ready for the appearance of more cases in the country and in the world in general. The virus continues to diseminate and there’s no reason to be alarmed,” he told the press.
Colombia is sufficiently prepared to deal with a larger outbreak of the virus that killed dozens in Mexico and had caused government all across the globe to be on high alert.