Naranjo said the police have not received intelligence on a potential terrorist attack on the radio station for months, “if not years” and said it was still very “early” to comment on who was behind the attack.
So far three people have been arrested in connection to the attack, which injured 36 people, damaged 424 houses, and affected over 800 people. The bomb exploded at 5:30AM, before commuters arrived at the normally busy street, so there were no fatalities in the massive blast.
No individual or group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos has offered a reward of $275,000 for information leading to the arrest of those responsible.
The president of Colombian Congress Armando Benedetti told Venezuelan television network Telesur Monday that he believes that far-right radicals are behind the bombing.