Colombian NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya will definitely not return
to Formula 1, despite having talked to his former team boss Frank
On his Twitter page, Montoya told fans that he had been called by Williams on Monday morning.
“It was very special talking to him again. He is a very nice guy,” the driver said, adding a clear message: “And no I’m not going to F1.”
Montoya made his Formula 1 debut with Williams in 2001 and remained at the British team until 2004.
The 33-year-old from Bogota left Formula 1 after the 2006 season, following two seasons at McLaren, and went on to try his luck in NASCAR. Lately, the driver has been delivering some good performances, including a second place at the Pennsylvania 500 last weekend.