Authorities in the south eastern Department of Cali say approximately
thirty children were taken to hospital after unknowingly eating
chocolates and sweets impregnated with hallucinogens.
All sick children had attended a Halloween party at the Mecedita Forero school in Florida, where they ate the available candies and chocolates to celebrate Halloween.
After showing symptoms of poisoning they were taking to hospital. Initially the medics thought the children were suffering food poisoning, which was later ruled out as the symptons (dizziness, drowsiness and difficulties speaking and walking) seemed more the result of hallucinogenic drugs.
The children remained in observation in a local hospital while lcoal authorities issued a general warning about the spiking of candy.