Maria Fernanda Nuñez, the Colombian beauty pageant contestant who was attacked with acid last week, said that Norte de Santander, her home department, should not enter a contestant in this year’s Miss Colombia competition, reported El Espectador on Wednesday.
In an interview with LA FM Nuñez said “It is time to set a precedent and teach a lesson to the violent ones … so that my pain and what I am going through may become a lesson.”
The beauty queen, who last Thursday had acid thrown in her face by an unknown attacker, said that she does not know who the assailant could have been.
“I am a calm woman, domestic, and I don’t have a nightlife … I’ve never had any problems,” said the pageant contestant, who is recovering well from the attack. She told interviewers that her only concern is her eye, whose cornea was burned by the acid.
Nuñez went on to say that she would not allow the attack to prevent her from entering future beauty competitions and that she had forgiven her attacker in order to heal her heart and regain her life.