The 18-year-old woman who on Tuesday underwent a crude cesarean operation by two teenage females attempting to steal her unborn child has spoken publicly about her ordeal.
Girata told reporters that she was returning from a prenatal exam when the two attackers, aged 14 and 16, entered the vehicle and told the woman that they would go together to a location so that she could sign a contract for a childcare job that she had been offered.
“It was already 5.30 in the afternoon when i told the teenagers that I was going because it was late and they said that I would only leave the warehouse dead,” described Girata.
She continued that the two younger women had told her that they did not need her, only the baby in her womb.
“Then they gagged me so I wouldn’t shout, they tied my hands and feet then they took me to a room, put a mattress on the floor, then they opened my stomach and took my baby and I didn’t know what to do,” explained the woman, who is currently recovering in the intensive care unit of the Duitama Hospital.
Girata explained that she then lost consciousness, but soon regained it and attempted to escape the location, from which her attackers had already fled.
“I started to collect all my organs that they had taken out and I tried to turn over and get up but I couldn’t. Moments later the Civil Defense arrived and I told then they had stolen my baby,” said the victim.
The two attackers are currently in police custody, whilst the premature infant, a boy, is reportedly alive and in good health.